Robotic Abrasive Blasting on the RiseUpdated: February 14, 2022
In recent years, society has witnessed a rise in the use of robotics that has revolutionized countless industries. When it comes to abrasive blasting for surface preparation and finishing, innovative new technologies are relied on increasingly in the manufacturing process. Let’s take a look at what robotic abrasive blasting is and the benefits it can offer your business.
What Are Robotic Abrasive Blasting Systems?
Robotic blasting is a cutting-edge method of cleaning, stripping, preparing and/or finishing metal surfaces safely, precisely and efficiently. An automated blasting system removes the operator from the blasting environment, keeping them out of harm’s way while allowing for continuous operation to maximize uptime and productivity. The remote-controlled system provides for the adjustment of the speed and path of the nozzle, while a dust collector and media reclaimer capture airborne particles and make it possible to recycle blasted abrasives.
Advantages of an Automated Blasting Systems
From improved quality results and unmatched reliability to enhanced safety and versatility, there are many reasons to choose robotic abrasive blasting. To understand why this modern method is becoming so popular in manufacturing, automotive, industrial painting and coating and many other industries, consider some of the benefits of automated blasting:
- Improved quality: Using a robotic system allows for consistent surface quality meeting the strict specifications of each unique project. You can eliminate errors due to human oversight and ensure you’re blasting at the proper angle to yield the desired results.
- Increased productivity: The ability to run continuously with reduced labor requirements helps increase flexibility and ramp up productivity. Robotic abrasive blasting systems can boost your capacity exponentially and speed up processes while improving precision. You can benefit from a faster time to market and a better bottom line.
- Exceptional durability: Robotic blasting equipment is capable of standing up to the toughest jobs and the most aggressive blasting environments. Units are designed to keep out dust and moisture and withstand impacts for an extended service life.
- Higher efficiency: Innovative abrasive blasting systems increase product yield and flow while lowering costs related to maintenance, utilities and material loss. The compact size reduces space requirements, while precision robotics eliminate mistakes, re-work and returns.
- Safer job sites: With automated robotic blasting, you don’t have to worry about workers getting injured or exposed to harmful contaminants, so there’s no additional safety apparel or accessories needed to protect your staff from hazardous exposures.
Learn More About Robotic Abrasive Blasting
At Finishing Systems, we specialize in metal finishing and are experts in the most modern techniques and technologies. We work with companies of all sizes from a wide scope of industries to provide surface cleaning, preparing and finishing solutions and many other products and services. If you’re looking for a partner for robotic abrasive blasting, we’re the one-stop shop for everything you require.
Learn more about automated blasting systems by contacting us online today. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will be happy to answer all your questions and provide a free quote based on your project requirements.